This recipe is taken from page 58 of the Cookbook. It is included here as an excellent accompaniment to this week’s recipe for Plum Compote with Red Wine.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup fine cornmeal (I use Albers brand)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1¼ cups heavy cream plus more for brushing tops
- Preheat oven to 350° convection.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, salt, baking powder and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour the cream inside it.
- Slowly and gently drag the outsides of the well in together until the dough is just combined.
- Using a number 16 scoop, drop dough onto a baking sheet about 2 inches apart to allow room to spread. Brush the tops with cream and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake about 10-15 minutes, until set and firm to the touch and lightly golden in color.